Experian Australia is a key partner with PSMA Australia Limited (Public Sector Mapping Agencies Australia) to deliver the Geocoded National Address File (G-NAF) data file in our QAS Geocode products.
What is G-NAF?
G-NAF is the authoritative database of reference in Australia for
physical street address data and the associated geocode attribute eg.
Latitude and longitude point.
G-NAF is based on the following principles:
- Addresses are a descriptive spatial reference therefore they can be tested & validated using the official spatial data to which they refer.
- Every address to be independently tested in its own right rather than compared against another reference address dataset.
- Multiple sources of addresses are utilised so as to provide redundancy, confidence and to capture alias and vanity address information
- Textual matching of addresses only occurs after the address has been validated.
Why should you use the G-NAF data set?
The G-NAF is commonly used in Government departments, Emergency Services, Finance, Insurance, Logistics and Retail departments.
It facilitates intelligent and accurate searching and capturing of addresses within a minimum number of keystrokes and enables you to append latitude and longitude coordinates and G-NAF Persistent Identifiers (PID).
Business benefits of using GNAF:
Increase in efficiencies
- Address search can be performed easily and efficiently.
- Greater capacity to make informed decisions derived from data visualisation and geospatial analysis through a reliable latitude and longitude point associated with every address.
Increases in Accuracy
- Address search task can be performed with greater precision and fewer mistakes.
- Give your organisation greater confidence in the existence, structure and location of addresses for improved product and service delivery.
- Greater reliability and accuracy in outputs from geospatial analysis to aid with decision making processes.
- Builds comprehensive information relating to alias & vanity addresses to dramatically improve matching.
- The G-NAF data conforms to the Australian standard for addresses.
- The data is updated quarterly to ensure the best data file is available at all times.
- The Mapping Agencies of the States and Territories;
- Australia Post;
- The Australian Electoral Commission.
For more information on the G-NAF
For more information about the G-NAF, including technical information, please contact us via our request more information form.