Application Programmers Interface (API)
The Pro World Version (WV) Application Programmers Interface (API) enables users to integrate QAS Pro directly into their applications. When Pro WV API is integrated, a full address can be returned from partial address data without the user being aware that QAS is being used to validate the address details.
The API is available in two forms:
- This type of integration provides more flexibility because QAS products are transparent to the user.
- They complete the address searching behind the scenes and populate the address fields with the corrected data.
- The primary API is more complex to integrate because the User Interface (UI) is not included and must be developed by the integrator, additionally they need to handle the picklists of information that is returned.
- The primary API is available in Window 32 bit dynamic linked libraries (DLL's) and most UNIX platforms.
User Interface API
- This API provides less control over the look and feel of the product, coming with the standard QAS Pro user interface. Some of the standard attributes can be altered to suit your application.
- User Interface API can be integrated in as few as 5 function calls and in approximately half a day to 2 days.
- This API set is only available in Windows 32 bit DLL's.
The API's are available with sample code for Visual Basic, C, FoxPro and MB.